Saturday 28 February 2015

Week one in the CTM


Hey everyone, 

Sorry if this won't be very long.. But I've officially been in my new mission for a week. And it is COLD! Seriously, haha.. I think the cold weather just likes to follow me everywhere.. But, what do ya do. 

So, I'm serving in Barrie, Ontario. I had never heard of it before now, but it's pretty great! Our ward is really nice. Full of older members that are so generous and feed us often. There are so many things that are different in this mission from the Adriatic South Mission and it will probably take a little bit to get used to! But one of them is definitely having members that have been baptized for over 20 years and things like that, it's awesome to be able to work with them. 

Teaching in English is also weird. Sometimes, I can't think of how to properly explain what I want to say because I've never really done it in English! But, it's an awesome experience! I miss Albanian, but President Clayton said I can still study it everyday so I'm really happy about that!! 

So, we have 2 people on baptismal dates. One named Hayley, a 14 year old girl and the other is a 9 year old boy that is a son of a returning member! Hayley has awesome friends and it's so great to be able to teach the gospel to these young people who will be blessed so greatly by having the gospel in their lives. I can't imagine where I would be had I not been taught the principles of the gospel by my parents. 

We're doing a lot of less active work here and it's great! It's sad to see that some peoples hearts are just really hardened to the gospel that they once believed. But, it's also so remarkable to see how the Spirit can still reach them and help them recognize that it's something that they need in their lives.

My companion is awesome, her name is Sister Rasmussen and she's American.. She came from living in Belgium though with her family.. So, I don't know how really where she's from.. they move a lot! But she's super sarcastic like me, so obviously our communication is entertaining. 

I'm so grateful for the opportunity that it is to be in the field again and wearing the name tag. But, I realize that whether or not we are full-time missionaries we all have the ability to be messengers of the truth and to bring others unto Christ. Especially ourselves. I know that it is our privilege in mortality to rely on the Lord and on His guidance and to develop a relationship with Him. 

I love you all and I hope that you have a wonderful week. 

With love from Barrie, 
Sister Vermunt 

No comments:

Post a Comment