Monday 2 March 2015

Why do people live in Canada?

Si jeni! 

This sums up our week…Stupid!
So.. yeah, basically.. I'll never be satisfied with the weather.. BUT, this is ridiculous. It is so cold here. When the wind hits your face it literally feels like a bunch of little needles. It's pretty much a sick joke. My companion is literally always like, "why do people live here?" I seriously.. don't know. Haha. 

It's been a long week but it's been pretty good! We've had ups and downs. We picked up 2 new investigators this week. One being the daughter of a returning member family. They've been inactive for several years and their 10 year old daughter isn't baptized and she wants to learn about the church before she chooses to do so! :) She's really sweet. Apparently the Elders were invited over there for dinner this past week and she was upset that it was the Elders and not us ;) YES! So, we're excited about that. Another girl said that Sister Rasmussen we're the coolest sister missionaries she's ever met.. HECK YA WE ARE. (Sister Rasmussen's the bomb.. I'll send a picture of her next week.) Haha. 

Our other investigator is the girlfriend of one of our members here in the Barrie ward. She's staying at a members house right now because things are a little difficult at home for her. So, we went to go stop by that member's house and she came to the door. We went in and talked a little bit and all of a sudden she says, "I've never been baptized.." Sister Rasmussen and I were basically like.. DO YA WANNA BE? Haha, anyway.. she's on a baptismal date for April 5th. :) 

We also had stake conference here this week and Elder Kachers from the seventy came and it was great! I remember being like, ugghhh.. It's a conference and now I just take like 5 pages of notes. But the one thing that I really loved was that he asked us if our trials make us bitter or if they strengthen our faith in God. Our trials are opportunities to strengthen our relationship with God and to seek His will over our own. 

So, the hard thing of this week is.. that we have an awesome investigator named Mikayla. She's 14 and she loves the church. She's going to EFY in a few weeks and she's going to Nauvoo in the summer and she just loves everything about it. We teach her and she just soaks up the knowledge.. But, the only problem is getting permission from her mom. But, we figured that since Mikayla is attending all of these church events and things that her mom must be alright with the idea. So, we planned to meet her mom last night and when Mikayla called her, we heard her mom say.. "If the missionaries want to meet with me to talk about you changing religions it will be a very short conversation it's not going to happen." At this point we're really not sure what our next step is but, I have faith that all things will work together according to the will of the Lord. 

I am so grateful to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that He lives and that He is in the details of our lives. I'm so grateful that we can grow in our faith in Him. As our faith in the Savior increases, everything changes.. everything gets better. I have seen that in my life and in the lives of the people that I work with. :) 

I hope you have a great week!

 Me dashuri te madhe, 

Sister Vermunt

No comments:

Post a Comment