Tuesday 17 February 2015

Well… that was even more unexpected


Hello everyone, 
Well.. some crazy things have happened, and I have been reassigned to the Canada Toronto mission!! I am so excited that I will be returning to the mission field so quickly. I report to my new mission on Monday and I can't wait to get back into the missionary lifestyle. 
I was not expecting to receive my new assignment so quickly.. I thought that it would still be a week or so. But on Friday night, I received my assignment. As soon as my stake president said that my new mission would be Toronto, I knew that this was where the Lord wanted me to be. A peace came to me that made it so evident that this is the Lord's plan for me and this is where He needs me to go. 

To be completely honest, I am saddened that I won't be returning to the Adriatic South Mission.. I love my mission and the Albanian people, and my heart will always be with them.. But I know that it is my privilege to serve in another area for the next 4 and a half months and to be able to grow and learn from my experiences that I will have in my new mission. 
I am so blessed to be able to be a missionary, and I bear witness of the truthfulness of this gospel. It is true. Our Heavenly Father is continually aware of us and He guides our lives in the directions that He knows they ought to go. I know that He will not forsake us. 
I am so grateful for the love and for the encouragement that I have received as I have been home, although it has been difficult it has been so rewarding and I have been so blessed to be able to turn to the Lord and to feel of His love for me. I know that as we experience trial and hardship the greater blessing that we receive is the opportunity to walk through it with Him. 
I love you all, and I can't wait to share my experiences with you as I complete my mission.. a little closer to home :) 
With MUCH love, 
Sister Vermunt :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment