Sunday 16 February 2014

Week 2 at the MTC



What up!!
Oh my goodness, well.. lots has happened so let's get down to it. I am now officially a "solo-sister" aka.. Motra Martin went home and I'm now the only sister missionary going to Albania. Haha, so I have a "solo" on my name tag so people don't think I'm breaking the rules as I'm walking around with Elders all the time. Haha. It's sad because Motra Martin and I really got along and she was my Canadian homie. But, she went home to get married and continue on with her life in that regard. If there's one thing I can tell you its that missionary work is something that has to be done with your WHOLE heart. Otherwise, it's impossible. So, yeah.. I can pretty much promise you that being the only sister among 14 elders was not what I anticipated my MTC experience to be. But, it's okay because they're all awesome and I love each one of them. It's like Heavenly Father is repaying me for not giving me any brothers. 


I now have a "companion" who is also a solo sister. She's going to Hungary. It's actually crazy how it all worked out, Sister Feil was already here and she was in a trio with the Fins. At first I was like, whoa how crazy what a coincidence. But no, nothing is a coincidence. Heavenly Father knows everything. Sister Feil is a sweetheart, she's so tender. Haha, the other day she thanked me for coming on a mission because I have a special spirit. It made me so happy. Comments like that are so uplifting.




The MTC is great, I mean.. it's pretty much spirit prison, for real. But I love it. When I think of the fact that I've only been here 2 weeks, I'm like um what.. It feels like I've been here for so much longer. Time doesn't exist. It's crazy. But, ya this campus is like pretty much my domain now. I got it all down. Haha. 

Good news mom, I weigh myself everyday and I have yet to gain weight. Haha, I hope you're proud of me because I'm pretty proud of myself. The food here is meh, my favourite things are probably the lemon poppyseed muffins. Delish. 

THANK YOU to everyone who's been sending me DearElders, it's so nice! And mom! Thanks for the Valentine's Day package.. which was more like.. diabetes in a box. I'll be sure to share that with Elder Myers. He'll enjoy it. He's hysterical. Between him, Elder Temple and Elder Penrod I basically cry laughing every single day. They've been so kind and make me feel like one of the Elder's pretty much. There's not a span of time where I don't get made fun of for saying sorry or sounding Canadian. Haha, the Indonesian elders sing "O Canada" every time I walk by them. 

Albanian is so hard. Oh my goodness. I sometimes get so overwhelmed. But some days are better than others. It's frustrating because I want to know it now. I want it NOW. I've been studying a lot on patience and I've learned so much. I'm grateful that I get frustrated because its in the waiting in the working where we grow. Not when we get what we want right away. Heavenly Father knows me, He called me to Albania because he knew that I could do this. 

The devotionals here are unparalleled. Tuesdays and Sundays are the best days. The speakers we get are unbelievable. You should see my journal. Notes for days. 

I wanna share with you what really touched me this week. I was reading during personal study and I read Hebrews: 35-36. These verses are amazing and Elder Holland actually gives a talk called "Cast not away therefore your confidence". I suggest that everyone read it. I love its message. I pray that we all have confidence to stick to the path that we know we ought to take in life. Heavenly Father has answered every single one of my prayers. Maybe not in the exact minute that I want, but He always does. This talk is an answer to my prayers. 

Thank you for all of your support and encouragement, missions are not easy. There's a lot to face and there's a lot to learn. But I would not rather be anywhere else right now. 

I heard that Canada is killin' it in the olympics. YES. And please say congratulations to President Prince for me! North Stake just got the sweetest new stake president ever. He's the best! 

I love each and every one of you. I hope that all is well up there in the great white North. 

Love, 

Motra Vermunt.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment