Tuesday 2 June 2015

what… June


So.. I think every person that e-mailed me this week told me that it is now June and reminded me that it was the last month of my mission. It's a pretty insane concept for me.. But, the way I see it is I still have 4 more weeks of finding investigators, getting them to church and helping them progress in the gospel. But I really can't believe it. 
Today is Sister Leung's birthday so we're going out for all you can eat sushi.... I'm so stoked. 
This week went by really quickly. We had a lot of things to do.. We had 2 exchanges with other companionships and then one emergency exchange as well.. So, I felt like we didn't really have a normal week at all. 
But I'll just tell you about my favourite parts of the week. This week we went and saw Motra Gallani. I just love her so much. Every time I see her she talks about how she waits for our phone calls and things like that. I just absolutely love her. She was able to get a position at work that only requires her to work afternoons on Sundays so she can start coming to church! Leo Dautaj has also come to church every week for the last 3 weeks and I absolutely just love it. It makes me so happy. 
Anyway, we were sitting in sacrament meeting and I saw Leo and Motra Gallani sitting next to me and I was just overwhelmed by the Spirit and I just felt so much peace and joy. I love all of the people I work with, but I know its not a surprise to any of you when I say that I have a special love for these people. 
Me and all my Asians :)
One of the missionaries I served with in Albania sent me the dedicatory prayer given by Elder Dallin H. Oaks when Albania was opened to missionary work. I will quote a part of it. "I bless the people of the scattered tribes of Albania wherever they may be in this world... that their hearts may be inclined to their native land, that the missionaries will be lead to their doorsteps, that they may hear and understand the message of the gospel." Elder Penrod (the missionary who sent me the prayer) said that this section applied to me. And this Sunday as I was with Leo and Motra Gallani I just realized that this is all so much bigger than me. It has been so difficult to leave my mission, as I've said 100 times.. But the Lord is mindful of His children where ever they may be and I feel so privileged to be able to have been sent to in some small way help fulfill these blessings that Elder Oaks left upon this people.

"Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen." Alma 26:37
I love you all. Have a great week. 
Me dashuri, 
Motra Vermunt

No comments:

Post a Comment