Tuesday 14 April 2015


Hello everyone!

This week went by quite quickly again! It's getting warmer here and actually starting to feel like spring, which brings me so much joy! Seriously.. the sun changes everything. Haha, it's nice to see it again.

I had some awesome experiences this week, which have deepened my faith and understanding that the Lord is aware of where we are and what we are doing and that He knows the desires of our hearts.

I just love the pink sleeves at Starbucks, so cute!
Early last week, we were in the library and the person next to me was listening to their music really loud.. and my first thought was about how inconsiderate he was being. Haha, but when I listened to the music that he was listening to, it reminded me of Albania, and when I looked at his screen I saw the singer's name was "Vjollka." So, I tapped him on the shoulder and asked what language he was listening to.. you guessed it, ALBANIAN. I pretty much died. So, we sat talking for a long time and he gave me his information so that he could tell me when Albanian events were happening so that I could "find people to bring to my church." Seriously, miracles.


We also went to visit a less active Albanian family that was on the ward list.. It was SO rainy and cold this day, my feet were soaking wet and I was just like.. pleading with the Lord that they would be home and welcoming to us. So, we knocked on the door and Shpresa answered and at first she was pretty cold toward us. Even when I started speaking to her in Albanian she didn't seem to enthused. But, when she figured out that we weren't Jehovah's Witnesses her countenance changed. So she invited us in and we met her son and she told us about the sister missionaries that had taught them. She talked about how much they loved her and her family and helped her in her life, she even had a picture of them on her wall. It became clear to me that missionaries hadn't been over in quite a long time. She still agrees with everything the church teaches, but she doesn't quite understand what the difference is between our church and others so she attends a Catholic church.
In FHE this week, we played a game where we had to find skittles in a pam of whipped cream… I didn't play… I was just taking a picture next to Elder Ellis with his face in the whipped cream, but he then threw the pan in my face. I cant remember the last time I laughed so hard. It was the best.

Anyway, her non-member husband came home and when I started speaking in Albanian, he freaked out! He was so excited and he is your typical proud Albanian and I LOVE HIM. He went into his bedroom and pulled out his Albanian money to show me and just talked about Albania FOREVER, I was dying. I loved it. We were just laughing and having such a good time, and then Shpresa looks at Murat (her husband) and she says, "they're back, the girls are back." The reason that I get so excited to teach Albanians and meet them is because when I'm in their homes or when I talk to them, I feel the Lord's love for them. I can't properly explain what that exactly means, or how it feels because there just aren't words to describe it. When we were leaving and she hugged me goodbye she said, "you are my rainbow on this rainy day." OH, I love her.


Other miracle, real quick.. When Sister Monnie and I ride public transit we don't sit together we go and talk to people and I was on the subway and I just see Sister Monnie running at me and I was like.. what.. And she was like. "I FOUND AN ALBANIAN!" It was great. :)

But.. missionary work is not all easy. During the week, 2 of our seemingly solid investigators texted us and told us they could no longer meet. That was pretty hard because they were the one's that we felt really confident about, and we couldn't really understand what happened. It's really heartbreaking because you see the changes that these people make, and the light that comes to them and you hate for them to turn away from it. But, we all have our agency and having this happen only helps me understand in some small way how our Heavenly Father must feel when we turn away from him.

I love you all! I hope you have a great week, talk to you soon!

Love,
Motra Vermunt
Calgary and Edmonton were right next to each other… I couldn't not do this!


No comments:

Post a Comment