Monday 23 March 2015

Transfer Calls


Hey y'all, 

It sounds like it's been a pretty interesting week. Especially in Albania, all of the missionaries there have had tons of insane stories to tell me about the mission. I pray for President Weidmann as it seems that he's got a lot on his plate right now. 

The cool peeps in my district
As far as my week.. well, I've been transferred to Toronto! I leave tomorrow morning and that's where I'll be serving. I guess now is my time to hunt down those Albanians. I've been transferred to the Toronto East area.. I'm not exactly sure what that means.. but, my companion is pretty sure it's just the east side of downtown. So, that's exciting! Sister Rasmussen is staying here in Barrie and will get a new companion. 

As far as everything else goes, it's been a pretty good week in Barrie. But, it's freezing. It's been snowing the past few days and I'm getting pretty sick of it but I guess that's Canada for you. Haha. On Saturday we had a mission temple trip! So everyone within an hour and a half of the temple was able to go. It was really good! I'm so excited to have the opportunity to attend the temple. I missed it so much while I was away in Albania, I wish we could go weekly! 

In preparation to go to the temple, Sister Rasmussen and I had been working on some family history. Okay.. I'm not even going to lie, I've always been bored by family history.. It just didn't interest me that much. But now I understand why people are addicted to it!!! It is so cool! I was able to find some ancestors from Dad's side of the family, and I've printed their names to be baptized and everything like that. It's so exciting to do! 

Sister Todd and Dorthy... Dorthy is seriously the sweetest lady ever.
She has the mental capacity of an eight year old… we love her
So, as we were going throughout the week we found a new investigator and he looked at both of our name tags and he asked where our last names were from.. As it turns out, he is what I would call a family history enthusiast.. Nailed it! He's so awesome. He's Scottish.. So, that's pretty awesome. I'm sure Sister Rasmussen will have a lot of fun meeting with him.

Sister Lofters… this Jamaican lady is the best!
I've only been in Barrie for 5 weeks, but I've met some awesome people and I'm sad to be leaving some of my investigators. But, I'm grateful for the opportunity to see another area in the mission and to have even more experiences with the people here.

Today, I was writing about all of the things I've learned in the past 3 months. It's been incredibly hard, leaving Albania and coming out to Toronto, and there have been times where I didn't know how to deal with all of it. But, as I look back at it all I'm able to see some of the specific lessons that I needed to learn and am still continuing to learn. We are so lucky to have this life in order to grow and learn from adversity. As we turn to the Lord for strength and we have an attitude of perseverance, we can overcome anything that lies before us. I'm so happy to be a missionary, and I hope that this e-mail finds all of you happy and healthy :) 

With love from Barrie, 
Motra Vermunt  



Our investigator, Mikayla

No comments:

Post a Comment