Friday 14 March 2014

6 weeks down

Hello family! I have so much to tell you so this week! This week has gone by SO fast, I can't believe it's P-day again. Oh my goodness. Not that I'm complaining.. 

This past week without a doubt has been the most spiritual week of my entire life. I'm seriously so blessed and so grateful and SO in love with the gospel, I cannot even express it to you. 

First, I was so humbled and excited this week because every week we receive letters from our Branch President and he just checks in and makes sure that we're doing okay and talks to us about the mission and things like that. This week in his weekly letter to me, he said the following (direct quote.. no joke):

"You are a great example of a great missionary, not only for the sisters but for the elders and your leaders as well. SO THANK YOU!!!.  Second, for the first time I received a note from the instructors who said "Nothing that I can think of" as it relates to the teachers plan for improvement with the missionary.  They always have something they are trying to do to help improve the missionary.  What a great compliment to you.  I congrats you on doing an outstanding job and encourage you to keep up on the path you are taking." 

I was seriously SO excited! That's the nicest thing that could have been said, I know I have TONS to work on but it's kind of cool that my teachers don't see my faults as easily as I do. I'm so grateful for that. 

It snowed this week, and we were all like.. Is this some kind of a sick joke. Are we in Canada right now?! Spring is supposed to be here. 
My next story is one of the many miracles that I saw this past week. Last fast Sunday, President Hutchings told us that "if the Holy Ghost tells you to bear your testimony, never make him tell you twice." So, I was sitting there.. and the Holy Ghost told me to talk about how God loves His children. But, I didn't really want to do it.. So, I didn't get up. And the Holy Ghost told me again.. and then I decided that I better not make him tell me a third time. So, I got up and I bore my testimony.. and I found myself promising our branch that if they prayed to Heavenly Father asking Him if He really knew them, He would manifest it to them.. Do I have the power to promise that.. I don't even know. Anyway, I didn't really understand who needed to hear that or why I needed to say it, but I just did. But this past week, one of the sisters in the branch, little Sisar Bates was having a little bit of a rough week, and she was just really down and frustrated. One morning we were sitting at breakfast and I noticed that she seemed a little off.. so, I pulled her aside and asked her if she was okay.. And she was just like, "I am so scared.. I woke up and I can't really see out of my left eye.. Everything is blurry and all out of shape and its like I'm wearing someone else contacts or something but I'm not!" and I could seriously tell she was so scared and her companions were gonna go and take her to medical. But she was like, I feel like I need a blessing.. So, I asked her who she felt comfortable with and she mentioned one of the Hungarian elders. So, after breakfast Sisar Bates, Sister Johnston, Sister Sedgwick and 3 Hungarian elders went into a room so that she could get a blessing. She was seriously so scared, I felt so bad for her. But, Elder Haws started the blessing and seriously guys.. It was the most tender, heartfelt blessing ever. But, it was kind of strange because Elder Haws didn't say anything about her eye.. Instead he just continually talked about how much God loves Sisar Bates and how aware of her He is, and how proud of her He is for the way she is serving.. It was really cool and so sweet. The Spirit was SO SO strong, honestly. It was tangible. You could literally feel it. 

Elder Haws finished the blessing, and Sisar Bates wipes her eyes from the tears and she just starts SOBBING, and she's like.. "I can see!!" And as she said that, I promise you all, I promise you.. There were angels in that room. We were all just like, we just witnessed someone be healed. Like, what! We all just stood in silence and in like wonder of how powerful it was. It was incredible. Then, all 7 of us missionaries knelt down together and Sisar Bates prayed and thanked Heavenly Father for the blessing and for the Spirit that we felt. It was incredible. 

After, I went straight back to the classroom and recorded everything I felt in my journal because I have never felt the Spirit so incredibly strong. I saw Sisar Bates later and she said that "Motra, you know this is all because of you right?" I was like.. um, what? And she told me that she was so frustrated and she remembered the promise that I gave to everyone in my testimony and she knelt down and she pleaded to know if the Lord knew who she was. The blessing that Elder Haws gave was an answer to that prayer. He said nothing about her eye because that was not what Heavenly Father needed her to know. She just needed to have something happen to her physically to take her to the point of feeling like she needed a priesthood blessing. How poetic and amazing is that? Heavenly Father took away her physical sight so that she could gain spiritual sight and see how much He cares for her as His daughter. I was seriously SO happy that the Lord felt that He could speak through me to reach His other children that were struggling. Seriously, amazing.  
Good news y'all.. the Church is true. In this last week, I have experienced the power of God time and time again and I have NEVER been so happy. I wish that you all could witness and hear my voice when I speak about what I now KNOW. I have never been more sure about anything in my life. I am so grateful that I am here! I love my mission so much. And get this.. I leave in like less than 3 weeks now. WHAT. Oh my goodness, I cannot wait to get out there and attempt (emphasis on attempt) to deliver my testimony to those people in Albania. I know that this gospel changes lives. 

So, if it's alright.. just as I did in Sacrament meeting this last month.. I would like to invite anyone who feels that they have fallen under the radar, that Heavenly Father isn't aware of them or doesn't know them specifically.. PLEASE, pray! Ask Him, just be like, Heavenly Father do you even know me? Do you know who I am? What I'm doing? He will answer you. In His own way and in His own time, He will make you very much aware. I have seen Him do it. I have received an answer myself. I promise it is true. 

I love you all, I hope all is well at home. I miss you all, but to be honest I don't think about home very much at all. I'm so happy where I am and so happy with what I'm doing. 

Much love, 

Motra Vermunt


No comments:

Post a Comment