Tuesday 5 May 2015

All I can say is… WHAT?


Mirëdita!
 
Saying goodbye to Sister Monnie at the airport
It has been quite a week this week, that's for sure. Unfortunately, Sister Monnie had to return home. It was so unexpected and seemed to happen like overnight. Saying goodbye to her was sad. As she was packing up her things and we took her to the airport, I realized how not too long ago I was in that position, and its devastating.
 
Sister Monnie said that she knew she needed to be companions with me at this time for this reason. I talked to her so much about my experience and the feelings that I felt and now I understand why. She needed to know that it was hard and that the things that were to come would be difficult, but I know that she also needed to know that the Lord would be with her every step of the way and that it would cause her faith to become unshaken in Him.
 
As I was with her throughout all of this, I was amazed at how much I feel that I have grown as a result of my experiences. As I felt I was able to speak to Sister Monnie and maybe help her a little bit in what was happening, I felt myself really understand how much I have learned from all of the hardship that I have had, and I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have gained. I can 100% say that I am a different person because of my mission. My faith in the Lord has become steadfast. I am so grateful because through the difficulty of leaving Albania and the people that I loved and feeling that no one understood me showed me that I had no where to turn but to God, and it has meant everything to my relationship with Him.
 
I used to say that my mission scripture was D&C 31:3, because it is how I decided to come on a mission. But, it has changed to Alma 17:11 that says, " And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth... and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls."
 
This is Ana, she getting baptized in a few weeks
This seriously touches my heart so much. One of the things that I find the greatest joy in, is testifying about how the Lord is aware of each and every one of us. Whether we are in a time of comfort or despair, He knows us and He cares about the details of our lives. I know that when I testify of these things, the Spirit confirms my words because I have had experience that has solidified that principle to my soul. I feel humbled to have had the opportunity to experience hardship so that I can come to the aid of another who is in need.
 
Oh, the other crazy thing.. I got a transfer call. I'm staying in Toronto East and I'm getting a new companion. Her name is Sister Leung and she is from Hong Kong and she's hilarious and the cutest little Asian ever. I love her. I've been staying with her since Sister Monnie went home on Friday. And guess what, we've been called to be Sister Training Leaders. It's super unexpected! I didn't think I'd be called as STL seeing as I've only been in this mission for a few months, but I'm humbled to be serving in that position!
 
So, that's my week! I hope you all had a great one!
With love from Mississauga (temporarily),
Motra Vermunt

No comments:

Post a Comment