Monday 8 September 2014

Well… Alrighty then


First off.. I'm super happy that the Stamps won the Labour Day game.. That's what I like to hear.

Roach problems
So.. this last week was ROUGH. Oh my goodness. I just don't even know how to explain it to you. The work was just.. difficult. Not cool. Seriously, after every stupid thing that would happen I would literally just be like.. "alright.. of course that happened." Haha, talk about a week of growing in patience. Seriously.. for example, this week one of our contacts called us and was like "Hey! Let's have a lesson! Do you have time today?" So, obviously I was so excited for this tender mercy. So we plan to meet and everything.. and then we try to call her because she was late and her phone was off.. I was like, oh come on. Haha.. and we tried calling her the rest of the week and she would just reject our calls each time. Not cool Mona.. Not cool. 

But yeah, the whole week passed that way. But hey.. It happens and I'm pretty sure it's just something that goes along with serving a mission. It was hard for me not to get frustrated sometimes, I was just like okay.. what am I doing wrong?? What's the problem here. Accompanied with a few other frustrations I was just not even sure that I was gonna make it through the week without having a little freak out. But.. honestly, I can say that the Lord provided me with every strength that I needed in order to keep moving forward with a cheerful heart. The personal studies that I've had in the past week were some of the most spiritual experiences that I've had on my mission so far. I know that the Lord cares for every one of us and truly lightens our burdens when we depend on Him for everything that we need. I promise you that it's true. My testimony of that has truly grown in this past month as I experience different hardships in missionary life. 

One thing that I've really been focusing on this week is character. In our district meeting my district leader talked about change and using the Atonement to become the people that the Lord needs us to be. I really thought about that and took it to heart. I found a talk by Richard G. Scott that was so awesome. It's called "The Transforming Power of Faith and Character." I have learned so much from reading it and pondering the things that Elder Scott teaches. But I wanted to share with you my favorite quote. He said, " We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day. Righteous character is a precious manifestation of what you are becoming." I really loved that. We need to consistently make the small efforts each day to improve the things we want to work on. We need to have that vision of what we want to be each day so that we can do the little things consistently until they become habits, until they become strengths of our character.
Electricity wires… impeccable organization.I can't imagine why there is so many problems?!

I'm hoping and praying that this upcoming week is a little bit easier and that things can fall together a little better. But I know that no matter how the week goes, the Lord will provide me with the ability to endure. I know that the Lord truly blesses us and He teaches us through giving us trials. When we are obedient and doing all the things that He asks of us, miracles truly do happen. I'm so grateful for the gospel and for all of your support. You guys are wonderful and I hope that everyone is doing well!

Until next week!

Love, 
Motra Vermunt

No comments:

Post a Comment