Monday 11 August 2014

First week in Tirana

Hey everyone, Happy August! 

I hope y'all are doing well over there. Things are going pretty good here. I'm just adjusting to the area/companion change so this past week was a little slower. Honestly, leaving Vlore was hard. I really thought that I would have had at least 2 more months working among those wonderful people, but that wasn't the Lord's plan for me. On Friday, my investigator Viktor was baptized and I heard it was really wonderful. I wish I could have been there. 

So, Tirana is really different.. We take the buses a lot and it totally throws me off because I'm so used to walking everywhere we go. It takes up time in our day because we have to consider how long it will take to travel to and from different places. Also.. I HATE summer. Everyone and their dog leaves and goes to a different city. So, basically we end up street contacting a lot of the time. But, we have some really great investigators here and I'm looking forward to finding more and getting to know these people. It's kind of hard coming in and not knowing anything!

I really like Tirana though, it has a lot of trees and I really like that, and there is always SO much to look at.. It's crazy. It's really busy and everything which is a change from Vlore too but I'm getting used to it! The people here are really nice, there are a few different dialects here so sometimes when we meet with someone they use different words or different grammar principles which is cool too. Probably the best thing though is that my area has a cinnabon.. Um, yep. A cinnabon. Hellooooo. Haha, just kidding we've been once but I'll save those for REALLY hard days. 

Cool thing though.. My first night here we went over to the ward mission leader's house and we were talking with him and everything and they told us their conversion story and were talking about missionaries and as it turns out I'm serving in Joel Kay's old area.. Haha. Oh dear. They loved Joel so much, they were telling us stories about him and I was like.. yep. That is EXACTLY Joel Kay. Haha, so funny.

Anyway, there's not really too much else to update on, I'm doing well and I'm really starting to feel like I can maybe actually speak this language. Not positive.. But I'm getting there ;) Oh yeah.. I have a new companion. She's really funny, she's from Utah but she's definitely not your typical Utah Mormon she's definitely got some edge. Haha, she loves like 60's and 70's rock and therefore hates my country music :( Haha but it's good. We get along and she's pretty chill so that's nice. She's been in the area a month but.. there's still a lot that we need to figure out so it kinda feels like we're both new here. Fun stuff.... Haha. 

I can't explain how grateful I am each day to be able to serve the Lord and to work to build His kingdom in this part of the world. I truly am so blessed. 

Anyway, I hope I have more for you next week! Love you all! 

Motra Vermunt

No comments:

Post a Comment