Monday 18 August 2014

C'kemi familja ime‏

Well, another week down in August. Thankfully. Seriously, they haven't invented words for how grateful I am that I only have one full summer in Albania. Haha, this month is rough around the whole mission. But hey, it's chill. 

Anyway, this week was pretty good. We've been doing a lot of tracting and knocking on doors. It's kinda hard because I understand why these people wouldn't exactly want to invite us in because I don't know if I would want to either. But, I know that the Lord prepares people and that our efforts will be rewarded. 
The day before Sister Sejati got sent home… long story

I had a few really good experiences this week. We were meeting with our investigator Rejmonda and she has been a member of the baptist church for a long time.. and so she's read the Bible multiple times and she had a lot of questions. Seriously, I don't pretend to be learned enough in the doctrine to be able to answer questions that people have.. But, in this circumstance, the Lord TOTALLY blessed me.. Not only with answers to these questions.. But the ability to deliver them. I kid you not y'all, I could understand her perfectly and I just was totally ready to respond to her and I was able too. I can promise you that my Albanian was not perfect, but I knew that the Lord was speaking through me. I really think that was one of my first experiences with that, and it was seriously amazing. She's on a baptismal date for September 20th. 

Sister Kokol, she is the literally like… the best person I have ever met 
Another wonderful thing that happened this week was that we had interviews with President Weidmann. Okay, honestly.. I cannot express how totally blessed I am to be able to have him as my mission president. He is incredible. Seriously, every missionary that I have talked to is so pleased with how he directs us as missionaries. I've never met anyone that is so guided by the Spirit and who turns to the Lord in literally every decision that he makes. I cannot say enough good things about him. We had a really great interview. He told me that he wanted to know that he was very inspired to bring me up to Tirana 4th ward and I appreciated that because leaving Vlore was harder than I had anticipated. I miss those people a lot. 
I'm doing pretty well over here in Albania, it's pretty crazy for me to think that I've already been out here for almost 5 months. Weird. I really like that I'm around a lot of other missionaries now, it's fun to get to know the other sisters and stuff rather than just being tucked down South.

Anyway, I think that's all I've got for ya this week. I love you all! I hope that you're all enjoying the last little bit of summer. Eat some taber corn for me and steak for me.. :( 

Love you! 

Motra Vermunt

No comments:

Post a Comment